“From each according to his ability, to each according to his need. ” ..slogan popularized by Karl Marx
“From each according to his whatever, to each according to his wants.” …new American slogan.
Bernie, we hardly know ye. Present tense, thank you Sir. You are the anti-Hillary. The anti-any Republican. In a beauty hair pageant with Donald Trump you would win the mane event while Donald would coiff up hair balls. In a debate with Jeb! Bush you’d excoriate his exclamation point to the point of pointlessness. You’d drink Hillary under & over her email server, surgically excise Ben Carson’s brainless Islamaphobia; pour a thicker Kwickee Mart slurpee than Bobby Jindal, stop more traffic than Chris Crispee, sell more used cars than Scott Walker, outgun god in a gravy bowl of Huckabee grits; out-liber-randy Rand Paul, drink more water than Marco Rubio; shout crazy shit louder than Ted Cruz; dress down Carly Fiorina better than Trump. Sell more $8,000 a gallon HP ink than Carly Fiorina.
Yes, Bernie…you can beat down any of those Repooblikan clowns in a one-on-one or group MMA smack down. There’s only one problemo. Bernie. You won’t be elected President. Damnit Bernie, when Nixon ran against Hubert H. in 1968 I was so disgusted I wrote-in commie party Gus Hall on my absentee college ballot. Gus didn’t win. The New Nixon was The One and Hubert wasn’t Bobby Kennedy or Gene McCarthy. And now Bernie, it’s your turn to hoist the red leftist rag and wave it in the face of red-necked America. You say you are not a socialist. You say you are a Democratic Socialist, one who seeks reform, not Revolution, thru the Democratic process (not revolution). All good and true. (Damnit where’s the Revolution?) Except many Americans have no sense of subtlety, no defining ability to differentiate. It’s black or it’s white; Good or Bad; Socialist or Commie; Government bad -Corporations (capitalism) good.
With your socialist name tag you won’t mix well in that national November cocktail election party. So that’s why I have a 10 Point Plan to make you more palatable, lovable and maybe even so votable you could become our next President.
1. If you are accused of being a socialist say hell yes that you use social media a lot, like Facebook and Instagram.
2. Trump up your hair. Add some color–rusty red would look good. Get coiffed. That wispy curly white stuff blowing nimbus-like around your crown looks old. Like grandpa old.
3. Say some real crazy shit.. Quit talking about policies, leadership and the future. Just say things like…make America #1 again. Americans like the number 1. One is better than two, right? Unless it’s beer or a double cheezewizz bacon burger and fries.
4. Get a kitten and a puppy…carry them around in a basket while campaigning. Name one Stars and the other Stripes. Encourage folks to take selfies with them.
5. Talk about how you are going to get America to stop fighting each other like cats and dogs and to share the basket like Stars and Stripes. Adorable.
6. Incorporate the word “adorable” in your speech as often as possible.
7. Wear a very large flag pin at all times.
8. Be the Lone Ranger. Talk about the past. The good old days. Arrive at campaign stops on a fiery steed, a cloud of dust and a faithful Hispanic companion, Jose. Return with us now, America, to those thrilling days of yesteryear to fight for law and order.
9. Always carry a Bible in your pocket. And a copy of the Constitution. The two go together like a kitten and a puppy in a basket.
10. Just be yourself. Or not.